If there’s one thing I maybe FINALLY learned in 2016, it’s to forget perfection!
Intellectually, I’ve had this belief for years. But it’s only after putting it into action that I might now actually understand what it means. And what it feels like:
In my head I’ve always known:
- Perfection doesn’t really exist anyway so how could I possibly reach it?
- No one pays nearly as much attention to me or my mistakes as I do (how conceited of me!)
- The time I waste reviewing and reviewing anything before I let it out of my cold, hard grasp and show it to anyone else is costing me money, time, business and lots of anxiety!
- The most successful people take action before they are perfect.
In 2016, after taking action while still imperfect, in my heart I now know:
- There’s a whole let less anxiety and stress!
- Tons more is getting done – wheee!
- Best of all, I’ve generated a whole lot more business without perfectionism as my nasty task master!
In 2017 I’m going to try to let go of perfectionism even more. Cause I LIKE IT!
What About You?
Is it time to look perfectionism squarely in the face and tell her to take a hike?
Cause, you know, none of the marketing stuff I teach you will do you any good until you put it into action even though it’s not perfect.
Hopefully you can join me in becoming a “recovering perfectionist”.